Spinach and Cheese Fritata
Prep time: 30 min Cook Time: 30 min Yield: 1 pie
- 1 lb. fresh spinach, cleaned and chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup grated cheese (Mozzarella and Parmesan)
- Seasoned salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. In large nonstick skillet, fry onions and peppers on medium heat until tender, about 3 minutes. Add uncooked spinach. Fry until the spinach leaves are fully wilted, about 5 minutes.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and milk. Add seasoned salt to taste.
4. In a greased pie dish, pour the spinach. Add the egg mixture and stir until everything is combined and ingredients are distributed evenly.
5. Add the cheese, sprinkling it evenly on the top. Transfer dish in heated oven and bake for 15 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked.
6. Once baked, let cool slightly. Serve with buttered toast and slices of seasoned tomatoes. To season tomatoes: sprinkle sliced tomatoes with dried parsley flakes and salt.
Add 1/2 cup bacon pieces.
Substitute Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses for goat cheese or Swiss cheese.
Add 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms.