Prep time: 20 min Cook Time: 35-45 min Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cheese of your choice (mozzarella, parmesean)
- 1/3 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease baking sheet.
2. In a wide bowl, combine mayonnaise and cheese. In a separate wide bowl, add dry bread crumbs.
3. Dip chicken strips in the mayonnaise mixture, coating both sides evenly. Transfer to the bread crumbs bowl and coat each strip evenly on both sides.
4. Place chicken strips in the baking sheet. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and crust is golden yellow.
To make the breading stick to the chicken, roll the chicken into the flour to coat before rolling in your wet mixture. This will allow the wet mixture to stick to something so it doesn't fall off during baking or frying!
Use 1/3 cup ranch or Caesar dressing.
Alternatively, dip strips in a whisked egg mixture of your favourite spices (salt, pepper, chilli powder, seasoned salt, etc.)
Use flour instead of bread crumbs.
For more crunch, mix bread crumbs with crushed corn flakes or rice crispies cereal.
Linking up with: