Chocolate Pretzel Cookies
Prep time: 10 min Cook Time: 8-10 min Yield: 24-30 cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup large flake oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup pretzels, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup rice krispies cereal
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, cream together butter and both sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, coconut, oats, baking soda, and salt. Stir well. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon until combined. Add pretzel pieces, chocolate chips and rice krispies cereal until combined.
3. Drop teaspoonfuls of cookie dough onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Space out cookies 2-inches apart.
4. Bake in the center of the oven for 8 minutes for chewy cookies or 10 minutes for crispier cookies. Cool cookies on wire racks before eating!
Instead of chocolate chips, use chocolate pieces for "chocolate chunk" cookies.
For a nuttier take on these cookies, add peanut butter chips.
For a different take, add crushed chocolate covered pretzels. But make sure to reduce either the amount of chocolate chips or sugar from the recipe, or it will be too sweet!
Where I link up my posts!