Creamy Tomato Basil Spaghetti
Prep time: 15 mins Cook Time: 25 min Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tub Philadelphia Cooking Creme, Tomato and Basil flavour
- Mozzarella cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and cubed (optional)
- 1 tsp basil
1. Cook pasta according to package directions in a large saucepan. Drain once cooked. Leave pasta in saucepan.
2. Heat oil in medium skillet. Add onions and garlic and saute to allow flavours to mix together, about 3 minutes. Add cooking creme and stir, allowing the creme to melt into a smooth sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
3. Add sauce mixture to pasta. Stir until well combined. Add chicken and tomato. Garnish with mozzarella and basil. Serve immediately.
Use bacon instead of chicken.
Add mushrooms and/or broccoli for more flavour.
Where I link up my posts!