Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Prep time: 15 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Yield: About 40-50 cookies
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts for garnish
1. In a small bowl, stir icing sugar with peanut butter until smooth. Roll by 1 tsp into balls. Should produce about 40 balls. If the peanut butter becomes too sticky while rolling, add some more icing sugar to your hands to reduce sticking. Place on baking trays lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl combine flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Add to butter mixture beating until combined.
3. Using tablespoon, roll dough into balls. Flatten each ball into disks and place chilled peanut butter ball in centre. Bring up dough over peanut butter ball and roll out into smooth balls. Place onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets about 2-inches apart. Using the bottom of a glass or your palm, lightly press on each dough ball. Press peanuts into the top to garnish each cookie.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake cookies in center of oven until set, about 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on pans for about 5 minutes, then transfer to cooking rack to cool completely.
Where I link up my posts!