Prep time: 15 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Yield: About 25-30 cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 60g bittersweet chocolate
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
1. In a double broiler or heatproof bowl over a saucepan filled with hot water, melt butter with chocolate, stirring constantly to allow chocolate to melt smoothly. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl beat egg with brown sugar until smooth and thick. Beat in chocolate mixture. In a small bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Add to chocolate mixture beating until combined. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
3. Pour icing sugar into bowl. Using tablespoon, roll dough into balls. Roll each ball into icing sugar to coat. Place onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets about 2-inches apart.
4. Preheat oven to 325°F. Bake cookies in center of oven until set and cracked around the edges, about 13 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on pans for about 5 minutes, then transfer to cooking rack to cool completely.
Where I link up my posts!