Prep time: 15 min Total Time: 1 hour Yield: 16 bars
- 1 lb unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 cups flour
- jam or marmalade (your favourite kind; I used plum butter)
1. In a large bowl, mix butter with egg yolks until fluffy. Beat in cream cheese until blended. Add flour in four additions, stirring after each addition.
2. Divide dough into 12-14 small balls, about the size of a medium-sized apple. Wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Take out two or three dough balls at a time, allowing to stay at room temperature until soft enough to roll out. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to a 12-inch circle (about the size of a medium-sized pizza). Cut into 8 slices. Starting with the edge of each slice, place about a teaspoon of jam. Start rolling towards the centre, and finish by tucking the end (or tail) underneath. Once you get past the 8th ball, preheat the oven to 350°F.
4. Place croissants 1-inch apart onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake in center of oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cook on one minute on pans. Transfer to racks and let cook completely. Dust with powdered sugar once cooled.
Jam Ideas: raspberry, strawberry, plum, apricot, orange.
Substitute regular sour cream with light sour cream for a healthier take on this dip.
Where I link up my posts!