A Peek Inside My Coupon Stockpile

Monday, January 7, 2013

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend. I was cleaning out my stockpile this weekend and decided I would make a post and let you in on my addiction - couponing! I began couponing in 2011. I was so happy when I bought my very first thing with coupons! Actually, I bought six....six sticks of deodorant for less than $3 after taxes.

Over time and after many coupon deals, I was able to build a stockpile. I am not as crazy about couponing as I used to be. Simply because I now realize how much I need or how much I use up in a year. Everything has expiration dates, and to me if I don't end up using the products I bought then that defeats the whole purpose of a stockpile! If I do end up buying more than I use, I always make sure to share with family and friends.

I love having a shopping store in my home since it saves me time and money. I purchase everything on sale, with or without a coupon. I make sure to especially stock up on items that don't have expiration dates, such as toilet paper or laundry detergent. I think of it this way:
you end up flushing it down the drain so why should you flush your money down the drain as well? 

This is my beauty shelf. I always make sure to stock the newer items behind the older items. This way it circulates my stockpile and I never have "old" or expired products.

I also make sure to have enough cleaning supplies. When they are on sale and I have a coupon for it, I make sure to buy it. This way I can clean my home knowing I bought it for cheap.

Again, items I use quite often but don't have expiry dates (well...except the lysol no touch hand soap. But I LOVE this product!)

And my detergent and softener bottles. I can honestly say that I have not bought a single bottle of laundry detergent in over a year!

We have now made it a ritual to donate whatever possible to the local women's shelter in my area. Last year through my workplace, I was able to donate a boxful of items for a family we adopted during the holiday season. I love giving back. I am not one of those couponers who clears the shelves and leaves none for others. I am also not one who keeps everything to myself and not sharing with family and friends. I love to coupon to see how much I can save!

And there you have it folks! A little peek inside my personal grocery store :)

1 comment:

  1. Tonya from 4 little FergusonsJanuary 9, 2013 at 11:02 PM

    I am a couponer too, and I LOVE that some months, I can bless several other families in need with our excess. I play "The Grocery Game" which makes it super easy to match up store deals with coupons. Thanks for sharing!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...