Today I am sharing a homemade tomato soup recipe that is sure to please your tummy, warm you up inside, and help boost your cold-fighting defenses with some vitamin C packed in a bowl. Enjoy!
Prep time: 20 min Cook Time: 20 min Yield: 4 servings
- 1 284mL can tomato soup (I used Campbell's low sodium soup)
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice (if you don't have any tomato juice you can use 1 cup water instead)
- 1/2 cup rice, rinsed well and uncooked
- 1 stick celery (you can either cut into small chunks or leave whole. It adds nice flavour to the soup)
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pot on medium heat, cook tomato soup, tomato juice, and rice covered. Half-way through the cooking add the celery. Cook until rice is done, about 15 minutes.
2. In a small frying pan, add the oil and flour. Mix to combine. This is your thickening agent. Add this to the soup to make it thicker. Stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Where I link up my posts!