Inspirational Wall Art {DIY}

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hello everyone! Happy New Year 2013! Hope you all had a wonderful New Years! We spent the evening with both his and my parents. It was a nice and relaxing evening. I really didn't feel like going out or doing anything. So it was nice to just stay home in my comfy clothing and ring in the New Year this way! I wanted to show you guys a gift I made for my dear friend for Christmas. She loves quotes; in fact she lives by them! So I wanted to make her a special quote wall art that she can either hang in her workplace or at home. I asked her what her fave quote is, and it's the quote by Gandhi: "Be the change you wish to see in the world". I love that quote now too! :)


I started off by making the word arrangement in GIMP (my favourite photo editor). I rearranged the words in a way that would be post appealing. I also made them a dark purple, since that is her fave colour.

When I was happy with the arrangement I printed it off on an 8.5x11" paper. I bought a large picture frame with a matte opening of 8x10".

Position the words to fit perfectly into the matte.

And there you go! Perfect and inspirational word art that you can hang on the wall or lean against the wall on your bookshelf.


Below is the actual JPEG of the image, if you would all like to print it off and hang for yourselves. Enjoy!

Where I link up my posts!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...