Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Dates
Prep time: 10 min Cook Time: 30 min Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 cup large flake oats
- 1 cup yogurt (I used Greek yogurt)
- 2 eggs
- 1 large apple, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 14 dates, chopped + 12 whole dates
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Add baking cups to muffin pans.
2. Combine oats and yogurt in a bowl. Add eggs, shredded apple, apple sauce and vanilla. Blend until combined. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir to combine. Add to egg mixture and blend to combine all ingredients. Add chopped dates and stir into mixture.
4. Spoon mixture into 12 muffin paper liners. Garnish each muffin with whole dates on top.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
Replace shredded apples with shredded zucchini or carrots.
Use white flour instead of whole wheat flour.
Where I link up my posts!