Creamy Broccoli Alfredo Pasta (adopted from Taste of Home)
Prep time: 15 min Cook Time: 15 min Yield: 4 servings
- 350g linguine pasta
- 1 bunch broccoli, washed and chopped into small pieces
- 4 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain well and set aside. Meanwhile steam broccoli either in water or steamer pot. Drain and set aside.
2. In a medium pot, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth, being careful that the flour doesn't burn. Slowly whisk in milk, stirring until thickened, about 2 minutes. If mixture is still not thick, add another tablespoon of flour and stir to combine.
3. Add broccoli and sauce mix to pasta and stir to combine.
Where I link up my posts!