Reese's Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I have a favourite brownie recipe that I like to use always. Recently, I was experimenting with different types of brownies and made some yummy and healthy black bean brownies a few weeks ago. This time, I wanted to try adding a kick to the brownies. I looked through my cupboard and saw I had some Ghirardelli chocolate squares left over from Christmas, and some Easter Reese's mini peanut butter cups I recently bought. After making a well thought-out decision (*ahem*...through enie-menie-miney-moe), the decision was the peanut butter cups. I used the same recipe as my go-to brownie recipe, but I doubled the batter size and adding a bit of cocoa for a darker colour. You will also notice that I am not using too much sugar - I feel that the chocolate from the cups as well as the frosting will have enough sweetness that too much sugar in the cake will just be too  much. I am hoping to make some Ghirardelli brownies in the near future. Enjoy!

Reese's Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting

Reese's Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting
Prep time: 5 min        Cook Time: 30 min           Yield: 16 servings

Ingredients
Brownies
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 14 mini Reese's peanut butter cups, unwrapped and chopped
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 4 tbsp. milk
- Mini Reese's peanut butter cups, unwrapped and chopped for garnish

Directions
Brownies
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9-inch square cake pan.
2. Melt butter and chocolate in a double broiler over low heat, stirring until smooth and melted through. Remove from heat. Add sugar, vanilla and cocoa powder, beating well. Add eggs, beating after each addition.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir until mixed. Add to chocolate mixture, stirring until well blended. Spread half of the batter in prepared cake pan. Sprinkle with peanut butter cups. Top with remaining batter.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool completely in pan.
Peanut Butter Frosting
1. In a medium bowl, whip butter and peanut butter until combined. Add powdered sugar and stir until combined. Add milk, one tablespoon at a time until mixture becomes smooth.
2. Spread frosting on top of cooled brownies. Sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups.

Print Friendly and PDF


Where I link up my posts!

36 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I found you on Polkadots on Parade. Thanks for sharing!

    --Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! If you only knew how much I love sweet things made with peanut butter! These look amazing! New follower!

    (I'd love if you would share this over on Inspiration In Progress!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love anything with PB too :)
      Thanks for the link! I'll be linking up

      Delete
  3. These looks so good! I want one now for breakfast :) I'm your newest follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really good. You are tempting us!!

    We are hosting a link party that is live today. We would like to invite you to link up and share this with our readers.

    Thanks!

    The Busy Bee's,
    Myrna and Joye.

    http://thebusybhive.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for the link...I'll be linking up :)

      Delete
  5. Came across this recipe at Thursday's Temptation at Two Yellow Birds Decor. We LOVE desserts, especially ones with peanut butter in them. I would love to have you link this up at my link party @ http://www.chefnotincluded.com/2013/02/chefs-day-off-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, please!! These look amazing! Thanks for the recipe :)
    Cathy@LemonTreeDwelling

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look amazing! I am a lover of all things peanut butter! I just started a new link party and would love for you to come over and share your post or any social media sites. Talkin’ About Thursday - http://designeddecor.com/talkin-about-thursday-link-party6/
    DeDe@DesignedDecor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link...will be linking this up!

      Delete
  8. You have a wonderful blog!! I'm your newest GFC follower from the “Foodie Friday” blog hop - this is my blog if you wanted to follow back: godsgrowinggarden.com
    Thanks
    Angie
    PS – I would also like to invite you to a blog hop called: “The Great Blog Train” currently live on my blog – Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) I'll come join up on your blog hop!

      Delete
  9. Jovana, we can't resist anything with peanut butter and chocolate! This looks absolutely delicious! We found you from "The Answer is Chocolate." We would love to have you link up to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday at sixsistersstuff.com. Hope to hear from you soon. -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I will stop by to link up!

      Delete
  10. Mmmm... Peanut butter cups have just been added to the grocery list! Thank you for a great recipe idea! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds so good! You are my "host favorite" for Foodie Friends Friday! Thanks for Linking Up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. mm, those look like a peanut butter craving heaven! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These definitely hit the spot for that peanut butter craving! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. Thank you for sharing this amazing dessert with Foodie Friends Friday! Please come back to VOTE on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stopping by to thank you for sharing with us at FFF.
    Dawn
    host and blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting :) See you at another great party this week!

      Delete
  15. These look AMAZING. Just wanted to let you know I featured them as part of my link party wrap up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. these look super tasty! a must try i think!

    Jordan - jbseatsandtreats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A definite must-try! This was my first time making them and I promise you it wont be the last! :)

      Delete
  17. These brownies look so good! I can't wait to try them... like right now. I'm so hungry and have such a sweet tooth, lol!

    Thanks for sharing them last weekend @The Weekend re-Treat

    This week's party is now live! Hope to see you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness this looks amazing and I've been looking for a good PB frosting recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just ate one this afternoon that my friend made. It was so good, but really needed to know the calorie count due to being on my fitness pal.

    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you enter a new recipe and add all of the ingredients from the recipe into fitness pal, it will give you a calorie count :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...