Creamy Linguine with Spinach and Mushrooms

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pasta dinners are always an easy dinner to make since it takes less than 30 minutes for the food to go from stove to plate. Since I had some spinach left in the fridge from our last taco night, I opted to make an easy and creamy pasta dish. I always try to spice up pasta dishes since the same recipe over and over can get pretty boring! I always love adding mushrooms to my pasta - it just adds so much flavour and complements the dish well. And adding some spinach also adds some juices into the pasta. This dish is both nutritional and filling. Enjoy!

Creamy Linguine with Spinach and Mushrooms
Prep time: 5 min        Cook Time: 15 min           Yield: 6-8 servings

Ingredients
- 1 lb pasta (I used linguine)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package (8 oz) mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 bunch spinach, finely chopped
- 1 can reduced sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
1. Cook pasta according to package. Drain and reserve.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. When hot, add garlic and allow to fry a bit but not brown, about 1 minute. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook mushrooms until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
3. In the pot with the cooked and drained pasta, add the spinach and mushroom mixture and stir until combined. Add the can of mushroom soup and allow to warm up over low-medium heat. Add Parmesan cheese.

Print Friendly and PDF


Where I link up my posts!

4 comments:

  1. OMG this looks so good!! Must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love easy pasta dishes. Just made chicken florentine from Pioneer Woman last night. I'll have to try this one soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...