Insanity Program - Week 3 Update

Friday, May 17, 2013

First off, thank you so much to all who have either emailed me or commented on my posts regarding my fitness program. It is great to hear encouraging words from you all, and I always love getting comments on my posts! It helps me keep going! I am at the end of my third week of my nine-week journey. It has been a bumpy journey, that's for sure!


Week three was a tough one for me. I definitely felt more muscle soreness this week, which many times made me think if I should rest until my muscles were better. However, the only day I took off this week was Tuesday, and that was to go bike riding instead (not as many calories burned, but still physical activity!).


Changes
I have been noticing lately that I have become more crankier than the other two weeks (sorry dear hubby!). I think it is a combination of little sleep (for some reason 7-8 hours is not enough for me nowadays!) and less sugar intake. I think this was my body crying out for some sugar and some sleep! I have {tried to} avoid anything with refined sugar all week. I snack on fruits or make smoothies when I have sugar cravings. Or I have been eating the sweet cinnamon flavoured CheeCha Puffs (yes they have sugar, but I limit myself to how much I consume, and sometimes I definitely needed it).

Food
I have really started to increase my protein intake by eating more meat, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt and oatmeal. With MyFitnessPal, it is so super easy for me to see how much of proteins and nutrients I get in a day. Based on the daily reporting, I have noticed that my calorie intake is low as compared to the recommended caloric intake of 1790 (as per the nutritional guide calculator). I consume about 1500 on average a day. It is mostly from the fact that I am just not that hungry! I try to snack at work on yogurt or nuts, but I just feel so full. Not sure why this is happening. Maybe once I start month 2 I will be a lot hungrier. To give you an idea of what my meals look like, this is what I have been eating this week:

Breakfast (7am) - Oatmeal with strawberries and blueberries; or Apple Cinnamon Cheerios cereal with 2% milk. I would also bring some green tea in my Libre tea glass for work.

Snack (10am) - Cottage cheese; or vanilla Greek yogurt.

Lunch (12:30pm) - Leftovers: Homemade broccoli soup (recipe to be posted soon!); or homemade pizza (recipe to be posted soon!); or stuffed peppers

Snack (2pm) - Mixed nuts trail mix; or Activia yogurt; or fresh fruit (pineapple, strawberries, grapes, apples)

Dinner (5:30pm) - Homemade broccoli soup (recipe to be posted soon!); or homemade pizza (recipe to be posted soon!); or stuffed peppers; or grilled chicken with mashed potatoes and veggies.

Post-workout (8:30pm) - Fresh protein smoothie (sometimes I got hungry and had a bowl of cereal again instead of smoothie!)

I am also drinking lots of water a day!! I have read somewhere that you should drink half of your weight in ounces. So I try to do that as well by drinking about 70 oz a day, which is something I probably never did before! This is an easy one to keep track of for me during the days at work - I bring my Klean Kanteen stainless steel water bottle, which holds 27 oz, and I make sure to drink one bottle in the morning and one after lunch. Then I drink as much as I need when I get home and during my workouts.
*     *     *     *     *     *

Catch up on my previous updates:

I will give you all a fourth week update next week! Have a great weekend!

I'm sharing my journey with the "Non-Scale Victories" linkup at KTJ Weighing In

9 comments:

  1. Hey there! Here from the Blog Hop! Just wanted to let you know I'm following you via GFC & Bloglovin'! I also Iiked your Facebook page :o) Hope you'll get a chance to check me out!

    Bloglovin'
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3718883

    Blog url
    http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com

    Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cropped-Stories/615495055132216

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining our Let's Get Social Sunday Party! Hope to see you again on Sunday :-)

    Linda
    With A Blast

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go girl! Keep it up. :) Have you started to see body changes yet? I started noticing mine in week 3 or four.

    Amanda | Living in Another Language

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i definitely am...i can feel more space around my thighs when i wear my pants. And definitely more muscle. Cant wait to see what month 2 will have in store for me though!

      Delete
  4. Amazing! You are doing so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to say thanks a bunch for the follow back on Bloglovin'! I appreciate it :o) Hope you have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...