Insanity Program - Week 4 Update

Friday, May 24, 2013

Holy moly, I cannot believe I am done week 4 and about to start month 2! Time flies! I also cannot believe I stuck with it for this long. All those tiring nights, those lazy days, and those tasty temptations. But I stuck through it! And seeing that I only missed FIVE days from the entire month is pretty awesome! I guess I should have more confidence in myself and what I can accomplish!


I have to confess something. Due to the beautiful weather we had this past weekend, and the fact that it was a long weekend in Canada, I ended up skipping out on two exercise days. Yes, two. *sigh* But, if it makes you feel any better (since it makes me feel a bit better) - I didn't completely spend those days just sitting around. We were like busy bees this past weekend. We played tennis with our friends one afternoon, went for a long bike ride, and we worked on the garden - which I should add is a workout on its own especially since our soil is like cement, so loosening up the soil was a complete body workout. I woke up the next day completely sore!


Changes
I am starting to adapt to this new lifestyle. It has now become routine that I come home, eat dinner and then work out. No if's, and's or but's! I am trying to increase my sleep time as well, since I am just so exhausted every night. My body is still changing. My weight has stayed the same, but I am seeing more muscle around my legs and arms so I am hoping that I lost fat but gained muscle. I noticed my waistline, arms and thighs more toned and fit than what they used to be.

Food
I am still consuming lots of protein daily, as well as drinking lots of water. I have really started to see my hunger drop. However, some days I would feel just so starved after my workouts that I have to eat something large or else I feel that uncomfortable sickening feeling. I am not really craving any "unhealthy" snacks or meals, so that is making this whole program a bit easier!

On a side note though, I have noticed my skin looking better and better each day. I think it's the amount of water I am drinking. I have a bit of scarring from my acne during my teenage years, so if I knew early on that LOTS of water consumption would help clear it up, I would've definitely chugged on more water.

So I know you are probably wondering what I look like a month later. Here they are!



Need to catch up? You can read my week 1, week 2 and week 3 updates!
*     *     *     *     *     *

Next week, week 5, is the recovery week and then I jump into month two. I will give you all an update on week 6 instead. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! You look great, and I'm sure you are feeling good about yourself. I need to start adding more exercise in my routine... I'm thinking early morning walks with the dogs would be good for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do feel great! Any kind of exercise will help you feel good and energized :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...