Spinach and Berry Protein Shake

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Recently, ever since I purchased my Hamilton Beach Single Serve blender, I have been going crazy and making smoothies and shakes every day! I blend both veggies and fruits for a nutrition-packed drink. I also make sure to add Greek yogurt or a scoop of protein powder for an added boost of protein, especially since I started the 60-day workout challenge and have been working out every day. I try to use fresh fruits, but for a "smoothie" type of feel I use frozen berries and blend them frozen instead of using ice. It tastes so much better! Enjoy!

Spinach and Berry Protein Shake

Spinach and Berry Protein Shake
Prep time: 5 min        Yield: 1 serving

Ingredients
- 1 small handful spinach, rinsed
- 1 cup mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or you can use skim, rice, goat, or soy)

- 1 tbsp flax seed (or hemp, chia seeds) (optional)
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional)


Directions
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF


Where I link up my posts!

9 comments:

  1. While I haven't tried it, I have heard that spinach shakes are really good. I may have to go for it! Found you on the Aloha hop. I was already following via fb, now following via GFC and pinterest! Would love follows back :).

    http://cumminslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for stopping by! I am already a follower of your awesome blog :)

      Delete
  2. I am SO going to love this1 This is right up my alley! :)
    I'm your newest follower and brand new blogger! I found you on friend connect blog hop! Mine is http://mybutterflyhaus.blogsot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I will check your blog out too!

      Delete
  3. Jovana! I'm so glad you commented on my blog. :) What an adorable blog YOU have! I'm so glad to have found someone to share my love in smoothies. In fact, I think I'll make one right now for lunch.

    -Amanda | Living in Another Language

    ReplyDelete
  4. My morning shake is identical except I use non-fat milk! I love the taste. :) Thanks for linking up at Tasty Tuesday - hope to see you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm :) I often use a similar recipe as this for my lunchtime shake! Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love smoothies! I have one almost every morning!
    Come party with APIMP!
    I would love for you to share and link up at my TGIF Link Party.
    The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday's at midnight.

    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/2013/05/tgif-link-party-3.html
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...