Insanity Program - Week 5 and 6 Update

Friday, June 7, 2013

I am officially on my second month of the insanity program! I cannot believe just how much time flies! I am really in a good schedule right now, being able to balance working out, work, and free time. I now feel more organized, yay!


I took the recovery week as a partial week off. I ended up only working out two of the seven days. I was exhausted though from the first month, so it was a much needed break. Surprisingly month 2 is going great for me! I am sweating a lot more than during the exercises in month one. The videos are a mix of cardio and strength. Each workout video is about an hour long, as compared to 30 minutes during month one.


Food
I have upped my intake of protein, since I knew that this month was going to be a tough one. I have definitely noticed the protein helping, since I am not as tired as during month 1. If I only knew back then! So now I am in-taking 60 grams of protein or more a day. I am not sure what the recommended level is for someone on the insanity program, but maybe I might increase it as the weeks go on.I am still cutting out sugar intake as much as I can, but have snuck in some ice cream this past weekend.

*     *     *     *     *     *

Catch up on my previous updates:

I will share my week 7 update next Friday. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. This is seriously impressive. I can not be motivated to work like this unless I'm in a group class. I can only get a good workout when I'm in a setting where others are encouraging me to push harder. If it is just me I go way to easy on myself haha!
    Kallie
    PS. I found you through Wildcard Wednesday and I loved your blog so much that I started following you :) I’d love if you’d check out my blog too, if you have a chance! But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice comment!
      I used to go easy on myself, but I think the idea of blogging about my progress is putting that pressure on me to work hard for results!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...