Insanity Program - Week 8 Update

Friday, June 21, 2013

Month two - where have you gone?! Only one more week left of my workout program. I am super excited to be done! Not only did I accomplish my goal of working out (almost) every day to get my body into summer shape, I also proved to myself that I could do it! I honestly didn't think I would have the drive to keep going after the second week. And here I am, on my eight week, and still going strong!


This week was more of an intense week than previous weeks. I started jogging Monday morning with an Insanity workout at night. However, by Tuesday night and Wednesday I could barely walk. My muscles were too sore from my Monday and Tuesday morning jogs that I just couldn't bring myself to do Insanity Tuesday night or Wednesday. So this left me with two days of no insanity. Plus the Saturday craziness I had of running around and preparing for Father's Day barbecue left me with no time to work out.


Insanity did seem to really improve my cardio. I remember my running used to be more of a jog to the end of the driveway before major cramps kicked in. However, my regular workout sessions has really improved my cardio and resistance that I can keep jogging without the need to take breaks often. I was able to run a whole 1k Thursday! I am truly proud of myself (and my exercise-buddy friend!!).

I will give you all my last week of Insanity next week! Have a wonderful weekend!

*     *     *     *     *     *

Catch up on my previous updates:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...