Sweet Potato Fries with Zesty Dipping Sauce

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Oh my goodness! I was introduced to sweet potato fries just this year and I was thinking, what the heck was I missing all this time?! I have been deprived!! But seriously, to anyone who hasn't tried sweet potato fries - I urge you to try! But I shall warn you: you will get addicted! Once I searched up how to make my own sweet potato fries, I knew this would be a great hit to many barbeques and get-togethers this summer. This is a great side to BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches.

They are so quick and easy to make! Here is my version of spicy sweet potato fries, but as I noted in the recipe, you can add your own spices like paprika or garlic powder - the list goes on! Serving these with the zesty dipping sauce is a must!

Sweet Potato Fries
Prep time: 10 min        Cook Time: 30 min           Yield: 2-4 servings

Ingredients
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp spices of your choice (I used chili powder)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Peel the potatoes and cut into french fry strips.
2. In a large bow, or a ziploc bag, combine olive oil, sea salt and spices. Toss the fries to coat thoroughly. Add more olive oil and seasoning, if needed. Spread out the fries onto an ungreased non stick baking sheet, leaving some space between each fry to ensure each fry bakes well and crispy.
3. Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes, flipping the fries over about half-way through. Make sure to bake them long enough until they are crispy. If they start turning too black, turn the heat down just a bit and bake a bit longer.

Zesty Dipping Sauce
Prep time: 5 min        Cook Time: 5 min           Yield: 2-4 servings

Ingredients
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice

Directions
1. Stir all ingredients until combined. You can use with sweet potato fries, onion rings, burgers, sandwiches, etc.

Print Friendly and PDF

Where I link up my posts!

9 comments:

  1. SO yummy! We would love it if you would link up at our linky party:
    Two Girls and a Party
    Live every Wednesday to Sunday. Hosted by:
    Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life
    Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
    We hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I linked up with your party!

      Delete
  2. Yum! I love sweet potato fries and have been wanting to try making my own zesty sauce. Thanks for the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. My mouth is literally watering looking at these pretty photos. Pinning this one for future reference!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these too. This was my husband's request for his birthday! Great with pulled pork!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks and sounds delicious!!! We would love it if you would link up at our linky party:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/two-girls-and-a-party-linky-party-20/
    Live every Wednesday to Sunday.
    Hosted by:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/ Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
    http://thissillygirlslife.com/ Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life
    We hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bang! This looks good! I've reposted it at The Blog POST OFFICE. It's my little forward & reverse link party. Drop by to view and if you backlink me...you could be next weeks "First Class Post" winner.
    (this is not an ad, I collect posts :-)
    Cheers, Victoria Lavender

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...