Grilled Veggie Pasta "Salad"

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

This pasta "salad" is perfect for the summer months when fresh veggies are in season. I like to call this a "salad" because of the yummy grilled veggies that are used in this dish. Next time I make this dish, I will for sure add green onions instead of cooking onions as well as asparagus, for more green colour to the dish. You can eat it cold like a pasta salad too, but I prefer it served warm. You can add any veggies you wish, but I had these in my fridge and used them for this dish. Enjoy!


Grilled Veggie Pasta "Salad"
Prep time: 15 min        Cook Time: 35 min           Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients
- 2 cups small pasta shells
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped

- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 package (8 oz.) mushrooms, sliced
- 16 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp Herbe de Provence
- salt and pepper, to taste

- 1/2 cup pasta sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
1. Cook pasta according to package. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat barbecue grill to medium heat. Add vegetables in a medium bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with Herbe de Provence, salt and pepper.
3. Over medium heat, add grilled vegetables to pasta pot. Stir to combine. Add pasta sauce and stir to combine. Ensure pasta sauce is warmed thoroughly.
4. Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.

Print Friendly and PDF

Where I link up my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...