I give you: subject A. A plain, lifeless looking lampshade that oftentimes camouflages itself with its surroundings. Sneaky sneaky Mr. Lampshade! This was my first object to tackle of this living room update.
Shopping around for some fabric, I decided to go with a brown-orange and turquoise look to the room. It matches perfectly with the painting we have in the living room.
I knew I wanted a "wow" factor design to the fabric for the lamp. When I laid my eyes on this Greek key pattern in burnt orange colour, I just knew it would match perfectly with the look I was aiming in the room. I quickly did a wee bit of a dance in the isle (I hope no one saw!) and took it home to start my project.
I went right to work! I took off that old lamp shade fabric while
laughing hysterically thinking nice thoughts of what the lamp will turn out.
At first I thought about spraying on an adhesive to keep the fabric in tact. But then I thought a simple glue gun around the edges would do just fine. I would've taken a picture of the process, but my fingertips were burnt from the glue gun that I couldn't take pictures with tears in my eyes! Hence the rougher-than-expected edges. But hey, they are on the underside so no one will ever see!
I also folded down the edges to provide a nice clean line where the fabric ends. This will anyways be going to the back, but to make it look cleaner.
Ta-da! The new, hip and "wow" lampshade!
I am so happy with the turnout! It looks awesome and really brightens up this space!
Make sure to stop by Thursday to see my new pillows and how this space is coming along! Also, don't forget to visit The Best Blog Recipes tomorrow where I'll be sharing my crispy chicken and tabbouleh wrap recipe.
Where I link up my posts!