Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies
Prep time: 10 min Cook Time: 12-15 min Yield: 2-3 dozen
- 1/4 cup ground chia seeds
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup almond butter (I used sunflower-flax seed butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips cookies or raisins (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Place chia seeds in a large bowl. Pour in hot water and immediately whisk together to avoid clumps. Allow to rest for a few minutes. Then add coconut oil, applesauce, almond butter, sugar, vanilla. Whisk well to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, combine oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to wet ingredients. Stir well with wooden spoon. Add raisins or chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Where I link up my posts!