Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Portobellos
Prep time: 5 min Cook Time: 20 min Yield: 4 servings
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place mushroom caps gill side up on parchment-covered pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven until tender, about 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash ricotta, spinach, and 1/4 cup Parmesan.
4. When the mushrooms are tender, take them out and pour out any water that is accumulated in the caps. Return the caps to the pan gill-side up. Spread 2 tablespoons tomato sauce into each cap. Spoon ricotta filling into each cap and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
During grilling season, take this recipe outdoors and grill it on your grill, following as per instructions.